I am a dedicated and qualified complementary therapist since 1999. After having worked in offices since leaving school I have encountered many stress–related illnesses amongst my colleagues, especially in my last job working for a local newspaper, there were constant deadlines and most days, although not boring, were very stressful and I began to see more and more people being affected by their jobs.
I began to think that there should be something that they could do to help them to manage their stress and that’s when I came across Complementary Therapies and decided that was what I wanted to do – to help people!
I began reading about reflexology and thought it was such an interesting and amazing treatment that I quickly found a course and began training in it within a few weeks. Whilst training in reflexology, I also trained in Indian Head Massage and Reiki. These three treatments benefitted so many people and I was so passionate about my new line of work, though it didn’t feel like work to me.
Since then I have become qualified in numerous different forms of massage and reflexology and I am currently training to become an aromatherapist, which I will be fully qualified in May of 2016.
• Member and registered Practitioner of the Complementary Therapy Association.
• Student Member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists
• Certificate of competency to practise reflexology
• Certificate of Competency to practise Indian Head Massage
• Trained to First, Second and Masters Degree standard to practise Reiki
• ITEC Diploma in Body Massage
• ITEC Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology
• Diploma in Holistic massage
• Certificate of Competency to practice Thermo-Auricular Therapy
• Certificates of attendance of Vertical Reflex therapy training – basic, advanced and endocrine
• Certificate of attendance to practise Chinese reflexology
• Certificate of training in massage for pregnancy
• Practitioner Diploma in Daoyin Tao
• Certificate of attendance in The Metamorphic Technique
• Certificate of training in Thai Foot Massage
• Certificate of attendance in Cancer Palliative Care for Complementary Therapists
• Practitioners certificate in Lymphatic Drainage Massage
• Practitioners Diploma in Advanced and Deep Tissue Massage
• Practitioners Diploma in Warm Bamboo Massge
• Certificate of attendance in Advanced Indian Head Massage
• Certificate of Advanced Reflexology
• Certtificate of Completion of SLM Bodywork
• Practitioners Diploma in Myofascial Release
• Practitioners Diploma in Hot and Cold Stone Massage
• Statement of Attainment in EMM-Tech
• Certificate of Attendance of Modules 1 & 2 of the Emmett Technique Practitioner Training
• Current first aid certificate
• Donna is now a fully qualified Aromatherapist since May 2016